Therapists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers, caseworkers and other health and welfare professionals are working more closely with children, families and couples to provide therapeutic programs and interventions. This occurs not only in counselling rooms but increasingly within homes, schools and other community settings.
This course will equip a range of people working with families, including those providing out of home care services and child protection workers. It will also assist those workers providing care for clients living with a disability or for older people who also regularly interact with their families.
This course will assist you to deliver a more nuanced service to families, especially as we navigate the current challenges of COVID-19. Relationships Australia NSW has provided clinical training for over 40 years. The course showcases a range of critical skills, interventions and approaches to equip professionals to think and practice systemically.
Drawing on a range of models, the course will enable participants to:
- Work with clients in the context of their family or couple relationships
- Provide therapeutic services with more than one person in the room
- Explore clients’ concerns and issues by using questions
- Use a relationship focus in their practice
- Understand how to be ‘therapeutic’ in different contexts
- Conceptualise clients’ concerns using a systemic lens
- Understand the place of the therapeutic practitioner in the family system.
The online live classes include a mix of expert advice developed over years of practice experience, demonstration, discussion and skills practice so participants can try out new skills in a safe learning environment.
The course will enrich participants’ current context and practice but also serves as an introduction to other Relationships Australia NSW clinical courses, including the nationally accredited Graduate Diploma in Relationship Counselling.
Next public course: 13 August – 17 September 2021
- Friday 13 August 9:30-10:30am – Introductions and tech check, brief intro to readings and course material.
- Friday 27 August 9:30-1:30pm
- Friday 3 September 9:30-1:30pm
- Friday 10 September 9:30-1:30pm
- Friday 17 September 9:30-1:30pm
$1,320.00 per person.
10% discount available when booking for 2 or more attendees.
Denise Warner is an Individual, Couple and Family Therapist and Clinical Supervisor. She has been a trainer and assessor for 16 years and facilitates couple and family counselling training. Denise is part of the Fundamentals of Systemic Family Therapy and Family Therapy training team and is the lead trainer of the Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling.
Please send your Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a group of employees or a team who would benefit from undertaking this program together, we can customise the course for your team. Contact our Learning Advisor at email@example.com to arrange a discussion and quotation.