Choice and Change for Women with a Disability
Who is it for?
Women's Choice and Change is a free domestic violence support group. We aim to help you find emotional stability after an understandably difficult period, as well as provide you with new skills and strategies to help you move forward with your life. This program
The group program runs over the course of six sessions, and is facilitated by an experienced family therapist from Relationships Australia NSW.
- Start to feel safe and supported again after a period of upheaval in your life
- Learn strategies for responding to negative behaviour in relationships
- If you’re a parent, learn ways to support your children through difficult times.
How can it help me?
During the group sessions, you’ll have a chance to connect with others who have had similar experiences, to talk through their issues and to consider positive choices and strategies for the future.
The program can assist you in:
- Understanding the impact of family violence
- Dealing with feelings of grief and loss
- Starting to regain your confidence and self-esteem
- Managing your stress effectively
- Recognising what healthy, equal relationships should be
- Developing your communication and conflict resolution skills.
During your sessions, you can also speak to your group facilitator about referrals to other programs, services or counselling which may benefit you.
This course is free.
Booking this program
Click on the location section below for information about groups in your area.
Women's Choice and Change
61 Boyd St, Bathurst NSW
No upcoming course dates are scheduled for this location currently. Please contact us to register your interest in future courses.