Healthy Relationships for Neurodiverse Young People
Who is it for?
This group program is for Neurodiverse Young People.
This group program is run in person by our Disability Royal Commission counselling team, based at our Illawarra Centre in Wollongong.
The program will cover:
- Developing self-care practices that are right for you
- Boundary setting and keeping yourself safe in relationships
- Dealing with and managing feelings including sadness and loneliness
- Post-group support - staying connected with helpful services and people
- Learning about and practicing “I matter / You matter” styles of relating
Share stories, enjoy thoughtful group discussions and participate in fun activities to learn key differences between healthy, unhealthy and abusive relationships.
Relationships Australia NSW’s Ability Groupwork Program and Wollongong Youth Services join forces to offer this tailored group for neurodiverse young people living, loving and relating in the Illawarra.
Healthy relationships are crucial to our emotional and physical wellbeing. Join us for this eight-week course to develop skills and strategies for identifying and understanding at great relationships look like, how they feel, and how to support them.
Together with other participants, we will:
- Participate in role-play exercises
- Practice respectful conversations
- Enjoy art and craft activities.
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask and discuss any questions you have along the way!
Upcoming group program dates
Prior to the group starting, our facilitators will have an individual online session with each participant to gain an understanding of needs, provide an opportunity to ask questions or voice concerns around accessing the group.