Tuning into Teens
Who is it for?
This program is for parents of 9-18 year olds and will teach you how to manage your own and your adolescent’s emotions in ways that help you to remain close and keep communicating. By learning these skills, you are less likely to have as much conflict within your family and your teen is more likely to talk to you about the challenging issues they face. These are factors that have been found to reduce the risk of mental health and substance abuse problems.
What will it be like?
Seminars, group programs and workshops offer a safe, supportive environment where you can share your thoughts and ideas, and learn from others with similar experiences. You will experience a positive, practical approach that builds on strengths within yourself and in your relationships.
- Clarify your problems.
- Gain new perspectives.
- Work through change.
How can it help me?
Tuning into Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- Are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- Have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- Are more able to cope when upset or angry
- Have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- Have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- Have greater career success
- Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
Booking this program
Fees are determined based on your income at a level affordable to you. No one is turned away because of an inability to pay fees.
Click on the location section below for information about groups in your area: