This Mother’s Day, we’re celebrating all kinds of mums, mother-figures, and other important women in our lives.
Mother’s Day can be a challenging time for many people. If you have a difficult (or no) relationship with your mum or child, have experienced pregnancy struggles and loss, are coping with grief, or dealing with separation, days like these can be extra difficult.
That’s why alongside all the joys, tears, and surprises of motherhood, it’s also important to acknowledge all its challenges as well.
We sat down with a number of mums and their kids to talk about their experiences, memories and how the important women in their lives have helped shape them in different ways.
Read our latest articles and advice on motherhood and parenting
- Preparing for your first baby. From the practical to the great unknown.
- Tips for new parents
- How to build a respectful relationship between a mother and teenage daughter
- Social media safety for parents
- What are ‘protective conversations’, and how to have them with your children
- How to co-parent wisely after separating from your ex
- How to deal with ’empty nest syndrome’ when your kids move out
Relationships Australia NSW offers a range of counselling and support services for women who want to build happier and healthier relationships in their lives, whether they’re a mum or not. Contact us to find out how we can support you.