Who is it for?
This course is suitable for participants from the following professions who are interested in Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice.
- Lawyers practicing Family Law
- Financial Planners
- Child Consultants
Exciting training to enrich your expertise and gain knowledge about Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice. Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice training works with professionals interested in working collaboratively in a non-adversarial model within family law.
What will it be like?
Relationships Australia Professional Training, a division of Relationships Australia of NSW, is offering an ICP training course, with a Masterclass a month later to consolidate your skills.
The training allows:
- You to register with Collaborative Professionals NSW as a Practitioner. (Registration and membership costs are not covered as part of this course.)
- Participants who complete the training will be eligible to be supported in establishing a local Practice Group
Important course information
2 day ICP program
- What it takes to become a collaborative professional
- The paradigm shift from positional to interest based
- The emotional dynamics of separation
- The neurobiology of stress
- Interest based negotiation, communication, conflict, suitability and role plays
We offer a two day introductory course with an optional third day Masterclass. You can save by booking all three days together or you can book into the two day introductory course. If you have already completed the two day introduction, you can book straight into the Masterclass.
ICP plus Masterclass
- Introduction of the collaborative team and understanding how the lawyer, coach, financial specialist and child consultant work together.
- First meetings with clients and 5-way meetings, overcoming impasses, the value of practice groups
The Masterclass is for those who have already attended the 2 day training at RANSW or for others who have attended training some time ago and who would like to brush up on their skills and/or learn new ones. While the day will include theory it will be practice oriented to enable participants to practice new skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- Review the aims and objectives of Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice
- Theory and practice in engaging clients in change
- Theory and practice in interview techniques to develop interests
- Practice in developing options
- Practice first client meetings
- Practice five way meetings
Jackie Jones completed a BEc LLB at Macquarie University and was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia in 1983. In 1994 Jackie achieved accreditation as a family law specialist from the Law Society of New South Wales. Jackie has completed the Arbitration Course at Bond University and Collaborative Law training at UTS Sydney.
Nigel Nicholls was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales in 1990 and in England and Wales in 2004 and has, since admission, practised almost exclusively in family law. While in the UK, Nigel trained and practised collaborative family law, becoming probably the first Australian solicitor to use this approach. Nigel has been a part-time lecturer and tutor in family law at the University of Technology, Sydney,
David Roberts is Practice Leader at Relationships Australia New South Wales (RANSW). He developed and implemented the RANSW Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Program which was launched by Federal Attorney General Robert McClelland in 2009. Marilyn Scott from UTS Faculty of Law who is researching the project has described it as a “world first”. David continues to manage this program and work as a case manager /coach on cases. He has a Post Graduate Diploma in counselling, has trained as a Child Consultant with Dr Jen McIntosh Family Transitions & La Trobe University) and is an accredited FDRP. He has presented on the program at two national Family Services Australia conferences.
Booking this program
Dates for 2 Day ICP Workshop: Saturday 24 & 31 October 2020
Book here: https://www.trybooking.com/BLCSR
Dates for 2 Day ICP Workshop: Saturday 24 & 31 October 2020 & Masterclass Saturday 21 November 2020
Book here: https://www.trybooking.com/BLCTS
Date for Masterclass: Saturday 21 November 2020
Book here: https://www.trybooking.com/BLFGJ
Join our mailing list and never miss a course update email@example.com
For more information – FLYER
Two Day Workshop and Master Class – $1950
Two day training only – $1500
Master Class Only – $550
Macquarie Park, Sydney