Adolescent Family Therapy
Who is it for?
Our Family Therapists work with young people (aged 10 - 21) and parents, family members or carers.
What will it be like?
Attending our Adolescent Family Therapy service is an opportunity to enhance, repair and strengthen family relationships. A professional Family Therapist will establish a safe and supportive environment where you can share experiences and challenges. Our Therapists can meet with the whole family or decide with you who it might be most helpful to attend.
- Clarify your problems and concerns.
- Gain new perspectives.
- Work through change.
How can it help me?
Our qualified Family Therapists help families with the following difficulties:
- Relationship difficulties and escalating conflict
- Disagreements about family rules and expectations
- Arguments that are becoming physical or threatening
- Family upheaval due to separation, divorce, loss or other trauma
We can also provide support in addressing other adolescent difficulties including:
- Drug and alcohol use
- Conflict around use of social media and technology
- Running away from home
- Suicide attempts
- Truancy and school difficulties
- Illegal activities, such as stealing, damage to property, assault
Making an appointment
Fees are determined based on your income at a level affordable to you. No one is turned away because of an inability to pay fees.