Effective Online Group Leadership
Who is it for?
Our training is ideal for you if you want equip yourself with proven techniques to help you balance different views within your group, keep everyone motivated, as well as tools to adapt your management style to suit every situation.
This training is ideal for you if you are a:
- Counsellor or psychologist who runs group sessions or workshops online
- Team leader or trainer at a community organisation or charity
- Youth group facilitator
What will you learn?
The training covers the principles of using creative group work techniques and tools in an online environment.
It is important to recognise that online groupwork is very different to facilitating a webinar. Online group needs to be primarily interactive, with a high level of self-reflection and self-disclosure as appropriate to the group’s purpose.
Over the course of two days, you will learn how to:
- Learn how to conduct effective pre group interviews for online groupwork
- Explore ways to enhance group member inclusion using online groupwork
- Learn how to use the necessary technology, tools and processes
- Develop your own leadership style and presence, even through a screen
- Improve your body language and presentation skills on webcam
- Identify and practice the key skills to bring out the strengths in each member of your group
- Use experiential learning and creative and interactive education activities
- Identify ways to increase group member motivation
$450 incl. GST per person .
10% discount per person when booking for 2 or more participants.
Andrew King is a leading group work specialist in community services, counselling and health. A respected author of multiple textbooks and training programs, he has devoted a large part of his career to group work and working with men, fathering and domestic violence.
As a research practitioner Andrew is known for his focus on generativity and sharing his knowledge using a strengths-based approach.
He has published a range of articles on group work leadership in the Australian context and facilitates national and international training workshops.
He regularly lectures on Group Processes in Counselling at Australian Catholic University in Sydney.
Andrew is currently the Practice Specialist, Groupwork and Community Education Manager at Relationships Australia NSW.
Next workshop date:
Friday 18 and Friday 25 June 2021
1:00pm – 4:00pm
You’ll be emailed details of how to join the sessions after signing up.
“Thank you for the recent session you ran with the Drug Education Network educator team. From conversations with the team, they all report having gained further tools and inspiration for their different presentation styles.
It was clearly a worthwhile and valuable PD session.”