Managing Children’s Behaviour
Who is it for?
Managing Children’s Behaviour is a 1-session seminar for parents and carers who would like support and guidance when faced with the challenge of managing difficult behaviour in their children.
The seminar offers techniques for using discipline to manage problem behaviour and also explores how parents and carers can build better relationships with their children, in order to manage behaviour in collaborative and positive ways.
What will it be like?
Seminars and workshops offer a safe, supportive environment where you can share your thoughts and ideas, and learn from others with similar experiences. Our seminars typically have 12-20 participants, and information and resources are provided. You will experience a positive, practical approach that builds on strengths within yourself and in your relationships.
- Clarify your problems.
- Gain new perspectives.
- Work through change.
How can it help me?
This course can help carers and parents of children who are interested in understanding and encouraging positive behaviour in their children whilst being able to maintain a strong relationship with the child.
Parents and carers will meet and the seminar will cover the following topics:
- Effective discipline strategies
- Maintaining a strong relationship when using discipline
- When to set limits and when to ignore behaviours
- Looking after yourself as a parent
It can help parents/carers:
- Recognise the complexity and interactive nature of family relationships
- Identify the purpose and long term goals of discipline
- Be aware that children’s behaviour is their communication
- To understand children’s needs and how to better manage emotions
- Begin to recognise our individual stress indicators
Booking this program
Fees are determined based on your income at a level affordable to you. No one is turned away because of an inability to pay fees.
Click on the location section below for information about groups in your area