Men: Maintaining Change
The group allows men to meet together in a safe, non-judgemental and supportive setting, and provides them with an opportunity to assist each other through the challenges of maintaining positive behaviour change.
Who is it for?
Men Maintaining Change is an ongoing support group for men who have completed a men’s behaviour change program, either at Relationships Australia NSW, or with another organisation.
What will it be like?
Our group session run for two hours, once per month, in a safe, respectful environment that helps foster healthy and supportive relationships.
We know that learning new behaviours and patterns of thinking requires ongoing dedication and commitment, but that in most cases, real and lasting change is possible.
Our groups are facilitated by expert domestic violence counsellors and caseworkers, who are highly experienced in the area of men's behaviour change. They provide a professional and judgement-free space for you to learn strategies and skills to help you move forward in your life.
- Reinforce more positive ways of thinking and behaving learned at your men's behaviour change program.
- Refresh the new skills you have learned.
- Support others around you in a similar situation.
- Share your experiences about the changes you've been able to make in your life and relationships.
How can it help me?
The group helps you to:
- Review and practice the skills, tools and strategies learned in men’s behaviour change group programs
- Share personal experiences with like-minded people
- Reflect on your own personal journey and how far you have come
- Establish support networks to maintain positive change.
Booking this program
Fees are determined based on your income at a level affordable to you. No one is turned away because of an inability to pay fees.
Click on the location section below for information about groups in your area
Macquarie Park Centre
Men Maintaining Change
Participants must have completed a Men’s Behaviour program
“The course has given me better self-awareness, tools and resources to better handle challenges. Better understanding of myself, learning to focus on things I can control within myself that positively impact on relationships. Externally - my relationships are stronger and much better.”